|The boy is crawling now. Since his nine month birthday about ten days ago.|
He just decided that day he wanted to go. So he did. And he hasn't stopped.
Twenty-three things you can't do any more once your child knows how to self-locomote:
1. Take your eyes off the child.
2. Take a shower.
3. Go to the bathroom.
4. Get dressed in private.
5. Leave your shoes out.
6. Leave doors open.
7. Leave drawers open.
8. Leave cupboards open.
9. Drop anything.
10. Put the child on the bed.
11. Take naps anywhere with the child in your arms.
12. Keep trash cans on the floor.
13. Type while the child is on your lap.
14. Sit in a rolling desk chair.
15. Run on a treadmill.
16. Let crumbs fall where they may.
17. Vacuum only a couple times a week.
18. Unplug anything from a wall outlet.
19. Plug anything into a wall outlet.
20. Assume your stereo speaker wires are well-hidden and out of the way all tucked back behind the furniture.
21. Place your books on low-lying end tables.
22. Walk freely through your house without having to step over gates in every doorway.
23. Leave the room.